Hi! I'm a PhD student in Computer Science Education at USI (Lugano, Switzerland). I work at the LuCE research group under the excellent supervision of professor Matthias Hauswirth. While I'm fascinated by many CS topics, I have a particular interest in effective education and good teaching. Here you can find a copy of my CV. My Goodreads profile contains a list of books I've read.
You can find me on Twitter and GitHub.
If you want to get in touch with me, feel free to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Luca Chiodini, Matthias Hauswirth. Wrong Answers for Wrong Reasons: The Risks of Ad Hoc Instruments. Koli Calling '21.
- Luca Chiodini, Matthias Hauswirth, Andrea Gallidabino. Conceptual Checks for Programming Teachers. EC-TEL '21.
- Luca Chiodini, Igor Moreno Santos, Andrea Gallidabino, Anya Tafliovich, André L. Santos, Matthias Hauswirth. A Curated Inventory of Programming Language Misconceptions. ITiCSE '21.
Current and past activities
- I am part of the technical team behind the Italian and the International Informatics Olympiad in Teams.
- I am the organizer of ABC, an Olympiad-style online programming contest held each year in May.
- In 2017, I participated in the first Italian training program in cybersecurity for students. I placed second in a
local final challenge and competed with a team in the national final, held in Rome, ranking second.
- In 2014, I won a bronze medal at the Italian Olympiad in Informatics.
Over the years I've created and shared a number of resources (some of them in Italian), which can be browsed at files.chiodini.org. This is a list of the most valuable ones: